Recent comments

• Reply to: Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ)   2 months 3 weeks ago

I am glad Haringey Council is now considering our CPZ petition. Hope this time something is done. Some months ago, I emailed all three of our local counsillors regarding the issue of parking but I did not even get an acknowledgement of receipt. Not a good sign.
    Situation is certainly very bad. The other night I returned after midnight and the only spot I could find was quite a few streets away. Not a safe situation if one is elderly or female.

• Reply to: Local Services   3 months 2 weeks ago

They did say it at the meeting that it could take some time, but it is frustrating.

• Reply to: Local Services   3 months 2 weeks ago

Thanks admin for posting. Agree with Evelyn's comment that parking is getting worse. Really frustrating especially as Ben Jackson attended meeting in March and we had 1st petition which we then had to follow up with council procedure for submitting petition..really time consuming. Let's hope we do hear more by end of August (note the date) as traffic build-up is becoming dangerous especially for cyclists.

• Reply to: Local Services   3 months 2 weeks ago

Haringey Council has received our petition and is currently considering it. For more information, please see our article on this:

• Reply to: Local Services   3 months 2 weeks ago

I understand from Haringey that they have received no petition from our community survey which concluded weeks ago. I wonder why this is and in spite of overwhelming support for Cpz at the meeting which took place months and months ago we are no further forward it seems. Something does not add up here! Can anyone explain please. The situation with parking gets worse and worse and even the summer period has brought no reprieve. The possibility of getting free parking now in this small area, one of the only left for miles,is bringing so much traffic through it is becoming a nightmare. I left a previous post about this last Nov.

• Reply to: Green Garden Waste   3 months 3 weeks ago

Every council should be making efforts to increase recycling. The charges will have the opposite effect. The bulk and weight of garden waste is considerable so a reduction in collection will reduce haringey's recycling percentage.

If residents want to continue to recycle their garden wast without a weekly collection charge then they may want to start composting, which is probably even more ecologically sound than council collection.

• Reply to: Local Services   5 months 3 weeks ago

I agree with Roland's assessment above. I have lived in the area for 20 years, and the issue has certainly become a problem in the last 5-10 years.
    1. The recently built flats and houses opposite Manchester Gardens all have 'car free' tenancies, according to the literature put through our doors at the time.
    2. The CPZ in the Fladbury Road estate across the road doesn't seem to be well used. But then why bother when residents can park for free in our roads?
    3. There does appear to be a lot of commuter parking in Heysham, Manchester and Vartry Roads. In addition, people have left their vehicles here for several weeks while they go on holiday! We are within half a mile of Seven Sisters and Manor House tube stations, with good links to all London airports, and the Heysham Road bus stops provide a very convenient park and ride resource!

I fully support the introduction of a CPZ in this area which I feel will reduce stress on residents, also improve the general environment in these streets.

• Reply to: Local Services   8 months 1 week ago

Hi,
    We are on Manchester Road and are looking for a good reliable cleaner to come in for two hours every other week. Can anyone recommend someone?

Thanks!

• Reply to: Local Services   8 months 4 weeks ago

Just to add that I have also, out of frustration, been asking people who I don't recognise as residents why they are parking on Richmond Road. It mainly seems to be the Volvo Garage, or near by residents that could not find parking on their own street! There are always spaces on Richmond Road on a Sunday evening, leading me to believe that this parking issue is indeed due to people who work in the area taking advantage of free parking outside our residences.

• Reply to: Local Services   9 months 1 week ago

I have been living in this area for nearly 30 years and I feel he problem of parking only became more acute the last 10 years. This may be due to:
    1. The building of numerous houses without parking facilities along Seven Sisters Road opposite Manchester Gardens.
    2. Double yellow lines at street junctions.
    The problem of parking in this area is unlikely to be solely due to office hour parking by people working in the area (although this may have contributed to it) ) as I have difficulty finding a parking space even late at night.

• Reply to: Refuse and Recycling   9 months 1 week ago

Hello there

Has anyone else not had their compost collected lately? Normally I have been really grateful for their weekly compost collection but recently they have not been collecting it every week, even when I put the bin out in front of my other bins! I sent a complaint in November and it improved for a while, however it isn't happening again. The council are asking me if anyone else has the same complaint? If so let me know!

• Reply to: Local Services   9 months 4 weeks ago

I have recently moved into the neighbourhood and I immediately had a problem with parking. Is Eastbourne road part of the vartry road community or is there an Eastbourne road community as I think we should have controlled parking for a few hours a day. For example 10-11am and 10-11pm as suggested above.

• Reply to: Annual General Meeting and Residents’ meeting   10 months 2 days ago

Since November, when this was implemented, it has been impossible to park in Richmond or Vartry Rds. Pleased to hear CPZ proposed : any info on which streets included?

• Reply to: Local Services   10 months 3 days ago

Any movement ? Its just ridiculous now - I have started to ask people who park here why, an they say its because its free. The Volvo garage is just as bad dumping cars all over the place during the day, which I find outrageous- they can't have a business that relies on our street parking!!!